Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Looking for Auto Insurance?
You have come to the right place. You can give one of our knowledgeable insurance specialists a call for your free no hassle quote today.
What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. You agree to pay the premium for the policy and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy. The main features of an Auto policy are your liability coverage, medical coverage, and property damage coverage.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to pay for others bodily injury or property damage. Adequate liability limits are crucial in protecting you and your families financial future in case of an accident.
- Medical coverage helps pay for the cost of treating injuries for you and your passengers.
- Property coverage pays for physical damage or theft of your vehicle
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Here at Van Gorp Edwards Insurance we can help you protect your future, so stop by or give us a call today. 641-628-4100