Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Looking for Homeowners coverage?
Here at Van Gorp Edwards Insurance we understand that everyone’s needs are not the same. We are here to help you assess your needs and find the right insurance coverage to fit those specific needs. We can assist you in finding the right coverage no matter what type of home you may have (house, condo, mobile home, or manufactured home).
What exactly is Homeowners Insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A typical policy will protect the home and the things you have in it.
Homeowners insurance comes in a package policy. This meaning that the property coverage to protect the home, and the liability to protect you and your family for legal reponsibilities if you have injured or damaged property of others are bundled together to form one package policy.
Homeowners insurance will protect you from most disasters but there are exceptions. A couple of the biggest disasters a homeowners policy will not cover are flood, earthquake and poor maintenance. Although flood and earthquake do not come with the policy they can be purchased if coverage is desired. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
If you are interested in Van Gorp Edwards Insurance helping assess your needs give us a call to set up an appointment today. 641-628-4100